Mini Chocolate Muffins
Adapted From: Allrecipes.com, a recipe by LONESTAR1
These are moist and delicious. They are versatile and can be adapted to dozens of flavor and texture variations. Mini muffins are two-bite delights.
2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup white sugar (I used organic sugar and reduced it to ¾ cup
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup walnuts finely chopped, optional
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain yogurt
½ cup milk
1/2 cup almond milk
½ cup vegetable oil (I used organic Canola oil)
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. F
2. Spray mini muffin pans (or regular sized muffin pans) with nonstick vegetable spray.
3. Combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, walnuts, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix until blended
4. Whisk egg, yogurt milk, almond milk if using, and oil in another bowl. Mix until smooth.
5. Pour into chocolate mixture and stir until just blended. Do not over mix.
6. Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
7. Bake for about 12-13 minutes for minis and 20 minutes for full size or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
8. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes for minis and 10 minutes for full size before removing from pan onto a cooling rack.
· Add dried cranberries or chopped dried cherries instead of walnuts.
· Top with cream cheese sweetened with stevia.
· Instead of chocolate chips, use a crushed dark chocolate bar.
· Add a tablespoon of dried orange rind to the batter.
· Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon oil to the batter or a ½ teaspoon of powdered cinnamon. Taste and add more if you like.
· Add 1 teaspoon powdered, instant coffee to the batter. Taste and add more if you like.
· Add ¼ peppermint oil to the batter. Taste and add more if you like.
· Instead of walnuts, add ¼ cup shredded coconut.